VOLUNTEER BOARD MEMBER OPPORTUNITY
Crime Stoppers Association of Edmonton and Northern Alberta is looking for volunteers to join our board.
Crime Stoppers is a charitable not-for-profit organization that allows tipsters to anonymously report information about crimes or suspicious behaviour through calling, texting, or submitting online. Information that leads to an arrest is eligible for a reward of up to $2000. Crime Stoppers is a strong, vibrant organization that partners with the Edmonton Police Service, the RCMP, Military Police, and the Camrose Police Service but relies entirely on the public’s financial support; this invaluable resource would not exist without the generous support of individuals and businesses in the region.
BOARD MEMBER RESPONSIBILITIES
The Board of Directors meets monthly and is responsible for some of the high-level tasks in the organization as well as setting vision and direction for the organization. Board Members play a key role in the program – volunteering in this capacity is rewarding and a great way to make a substantial contribution towards the safety of communities in Edmonton and Northern Alberta.
- Monthly 2.5 – 3 hour meeting (usually taking place on the third Tuesday of the Month. Excludes December, July, August)
- Casino and other annual large fundraiser – Caught by Crime Stoppers (varying hours)
- Speaking and media engagements as well as small fundraiser/community events (varying hours)
Crime Stoppers is looking for all qualified candidates, but is particularly interested in candidates that have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Education (School Principal/VP, School Board Trustee, etc.)
- Senior Level Corporate Leadership
- Indigenous Affairs
- Successful candidate must acquire and maintain a clear Criminal Record Check
To apply, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com/edmonton. Only successful applicants will be contacted for interviews.