Board Member – Crime Stoppers of Edmonton and Northern Alberta
Crime Stoppers is seeking several board members to assist in its mission to provide an anonymous source for crime reporting and to work with law enforcement to prevent and reduce crime.
Reports to: President of the Board
Role: To serve as a voting member of the Board of Crime Stoppers of Edmonton and Northern AB. Board members assist in reward authorization, volunteer at special events, contribute to policy development, serve on committees and help with fundraising.
Term: 1 year
Time Commitment: attend monthly board meetings (via zoom) up to 2hrs in length ( the Board takes a break over summer). Other time required depends on availability and committee involvement.
What do we need in a Board member?
- Attends and participates regularly in Board meetings and functions
- Understands and supports the mission of the Crime Stoppers
- Actively participates in one or more Board Committees
- Reviews and questions, as appropriate, all minutes and reports submitted
- Authorizes reward payments
- Supports the Crime Stoppers program with time
- Helps raise financial resources needed for operational expenses and initiatives
- Is loyal to the program and protects confidentiality of Crime Stoppers matters
About Crime Stoppers:
Crime Stoppers is a community crime prevention organization that rewards anonymous tipsters while supporting law enforcement partners to solve and stop crime.
Since its inception in 1983, Crime Stoppers of Edmonton & Northern Alberta has provided an anonymous tip line for citizens to safely report crime or suspicious behavior.
Over 130,000 tips have come in since then, resulting in over 8,000 arrests, 5,700 charges laid and $89M in property, drugs and cash seized. To date, Crime Stoppers has authorized over $1.5M in rewards to thank the public for coming forward with these tips that are critical in solving crime.
Crime Stoppers is a strong, vibrant organization that partners with the Edmonton Police Service and the Alberta RCMP but relies entirely on the public’s financial support; this invaluable resource would not exist without the generous support of individuals and businesses in the region.
Interested individuals can apply by:
Sending a resume, with a brief letter indicating your interest and how you can contribute to the Crime Stoppers Board to email@example.com
Deadline to apply is January 15, 2021 at midnight MST.